Collinsville Savings Society - Established 1853

In the mid-nineteenth century, the village of Collinsville in the Town of Canton was a thriving industrial site. The Collins Axe Company, founded in 1826, was a well-established and prosperous business. Samuel W. Collins, the founder and manager of the company, wanted to encourage healthy savings habits. He felt there was a need for a safe, local place for his employees and other townspeople to deposit their surplus cash.

In 1853, Mr. Collins along with a number of other prominent men of the community successfully petitioned the Connecticut Legislature to authorize the establishment of a mutual savings bank in Collinsville. Thus, the Collinsville Savings Society was born. Collinsville Savings Society was chartered in 1853, accepted its first deposit on August 8th of that year and has been an important part of the community - Mr. Collin's vision - for over 160 years.

We have grown and changed with the times, but our name has not. In 1999, we opened our first branch in Canton on Old Albany Turnpike (Route 44) for the convenience of our customers. We have all the modern conveniences of larger banks from ATMs to Online Banking with good old-fashioned customer service. Collinsville Savings Society: Today. Tomorrow. Always.

Sam Collins